By visiting duohomesolutions.nl, you are accepting the policies written here within.
Article 1. Definitions
- Data Subject: The natural person whose Personal Data are processed;
- Quotation Request: The quotation request that a Quotation Requester has submitted via the Website or in any other way or that Duo Home Solutions has received from the Quotation Requester;
- Request for Quotation: The legal entity or natural person who has submitted a Request for Quotation;
- Contractor: The company that has entered into an Agreement with Duo Home Solutions;
- Agreement: The brokerage agreement between Duo Home Solutions and the Contractor;
- Personal data: Data about an identified or identifiable natural person;
- Website: The Website duohomesolutions.nlis managed by Duo Home Solutions.
1.2 Unless the context indicates otherwise, defined terms in the singular also refer to the plural and vice versa.
Article 2. Controller
2.1 Duo Home Solutions is the controller with regard to the Personal Data that is processed.
2.2 Careful handling of Personal Data is of great importance to Duo Home Solutions. With regard to the processing of Personal Data, Duo Home Solutions acts in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Article 3. Collection of Personal Data
3.1 Duo Home Solutions collects Personal Data from the Data Subject when the Data Subject has provided this Personal Data to Duo Home Solutions. The methods for collecting personal data include:
- Filling in a contact form on the Website
- Creating an account on the Website
- Contacting Duo Home Solutions by telephone or email
- Entering into an Agreement
- Submitting a Quotation Request
Article 4. Persons Whose Personal Data is Processed
4.1 Duo Home Solutions processes the Personal Data of:
- Contacts of Contractors
- Quotation applicants
- Website visitors
Article 5. Basis of the Processing of Personal Data
5.1 The basis for the processing of the Personal Data is the performance of the Agreement, including forwarding a Request for Quotation to a Contractor on behalf of the Data Subject, the consent of the Data Subject, compliance with legal obligations or the legitimate interest of Duo Home Solutions.
Article 6. Personal Data That is Processed
6.1 The following Personal Data is processed by Duo Home Solutions:
- First and last name
- Address, zip code and place of residence
- Phone number
- Email address
- Internet behavior, location data and IP address
6.2 In order to enter into an Agreement, the contact details (email address and telephone number) of (the contact person of) the Contractor must be provided to Duo Home Solutions. The Agreement cannot be concluded without this Personal Data.
6.3 In order to process a Request for Quotation, it is necessary that the name, address details, telephone number, email address and a description of the desired activities, services and/or products are entered. The Request for Quotation cannot be processed without this information.
6.4 Duo Home Solutions will not store the Personal Data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes, as described in Article 7.1, for which the Personal Data is processed.
6.5 Duo Home Solutions only processes the Personal Data that is minimally necessary for the existing purposes.
6.6 Duo Home Solutions does not process any special Personal Data of Data Subjects.
6.7 Duo Home Solutions does not intend to collect data about Data Subjects who are younger than 16 years of age unless they have expressed permission from a parent or legal representative. However, Duo Home Solutions cannot ascertain whether a Data Subject is older than 16. Duo Home Solutions, therefore, advises parents and legal representatives to be involved in the online activities of their children in order to prevent data on children from being collected without parental consent. If a parent or legal representative is convinced that Duo Home Solutions has collected personal data about a minor without their permission, then the parent or legal representative must contact Duo Home Solutions, and Duo Home Solutions will terminate the processing and delete the Personal Data.
Article 7. Purposes of Processing the Personal Data
7.1 Duo Home Solutions processes the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Contact the Quotation Requester by telephone or email for more information about the desired activities, services and/or products
- Sending the quotation on behalf of the Contractor
- Assess whether Duo Home Solutions can find a suitable Contractor to perform work at the address of the Quotation Requester
- Execution of the Agreement
- Execution of the mediation assignment for the Quotation Requester
- Making an appointment on behalf of the Contractor to view the location to which the Request for Quotation relates
- Maintaining a customer relationship with the Data Subject
- Forwarding via email the Request for Quotation to the Contractor
- Sending the invoice to the Contractor by email
- Creating an account on the Website
- Handling a question or complaint from the Data Subject
- Comply with legal obligations
- Sending newsletters
- Optimizing the Website
- Tracking of the Data Subject’s visit to the Website in order to build up a profile of the Data Subject. In this way, the Website can be optimized and advertisements can be displayed that are tailored to the Data Subject
- Generating general statistics about the use of the Website
7.2 Duo Home Solutions will not process the Personal Data for purposes other than those described above.
Article 8. Profiling
8.1 Profiling is only performed if the Data Subject has granted permission to Duo Home Solutions. This consent can be withdrawn by the Data Subject at any time.
8.2 The purpose of profiling is:
- To display the Data Subject on the Website advertisements or other content about which Duo Home Solutions reasonably assumes that the content of the advertisement or the content is in accordance with the interests of the Data Subject
- Marketing analytics
- Sending a personalized newsletter
8.3 Profiling can take place through a combination of data originating from different cookies.
8.4 For profiling purposes, the following data may be processed by Duo Home Solutions:
- Data included in a Quotation Request
- Internet behavior
Article 9. Newsletters
9.1 Newsletters will only be sent to the Data Subject if the Data Subject has given Duo Home Solutions explicit, unambiguous consent for this. The Data Subject can unsubscribe from newsletters at any time (see article 10).
9.2 Duo Home Solutions will not approach the Data Subject for marketing purposes if the Data Subject has not given permission for this.
Article 10. Unsubscribe from newsletters
10.1 The Data Subject can unsubscribe from newsletters in the following ways:
- By clicking on the unsubscription link in the email in which the newsletter is included that allows the Data Subject to unsubscribe
- By contacting Duo Home Solutions (see article 17.1 for the contact details)
10.2 Each newsletter sent to the Data Subject contains a link with which the Data Subject can unsubscribe from the newsletters.
Article 11. Security Measures
11.1 In order to prevent loss, theft, unlawful use, and/or access to Personal Data by unauthorized persons, Duo Home Solutions has taken various security measures, including measures against unauthorized access, use, alteration, unlawful and accidental destruction, and accidental loss of the Personal Data. Duo Home Solutions has taken the following security measures, among others:
- Using secure systems with strong passwords to prevent unauthorized access to information systems
- Using secure network connections
- Using anti-virus software
- Using a secure connection
- Regularly performing software updates
11.2 Persons who are hired by Duo Home Solutions or who enter the service of Duo Home Solutions and who, in the context of their task, become aware of Personal Data, for example, in an assignment agreement, employment contract, or non-disclosure agreement, are obliged by Duo Home Solutions to maintain confidentiality.
11.3 Only the employees of Duo Home Solutions for whom it is necessary in the context of their position/activities to have access to Personal Data, are granted access to the Personal Data by Duo Home Solutions.
Article 12. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
12.1 Duo Home Solutions will provide the Personal Data of the Data Subject to third parties if:
- There is a legal basis that permits the provision of Personal Data to a third party
- The Data Subject has given his consent for this
- It is necessary for the performance of the Agreement or mediation service, including forwarding a Request for Quotation to a Contractor
- It has been requested by an authority, such as the police or the judiciary. Before Duo Home Solutions provides Personal Data to an authority, Duo Home Solutions will check the powers of this authority
Article 13. Deletion of personal data
13.1 Duo Home Solutions will remove Personal Data from its systems without undue delay, among other things, if:
- The Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- The Data Subject objects to the processing of his Personal Data and this objection is justified
- The Personal Data is incorrect or outdated
13.2 Duo Home Solutions is not obliged to delete Personal Data if there is one of the situations described in the law where the “right to be forgotten” does not apply.
Article 14. Right of Inspection, Right to Transferability, Rectification and Deletion
14.1 On request, Duo Home Solutions grants the Data Subject access to all Personal Data that Duo Home Solutions keeps about him/her. Duo Home Solutions provides the Data Subject a copy of this data free of charge in such a form so that the Data Subject can provide the Personal Data to a third party.
14.2 Duo Home Solutions offers the Data Subject the opportunity to have any incorrect data that Duo Home Solutions keeps corrected or removed, free of charge.
14.3 The request for access, change or deletion of data can be submitted to Duo Home Solutions in writing or by email (see article 17.1 for the contact details of Duo Home Solutions). Duo Home Solutions will respond to such a request as soon as possible and, in any case, within 4 weeks of getting such a request.
Article 15. Objection
15.1 The Data Subject can object to Duo Home Solutions against the processing of his/her Personal Data if he/she has good reason for doing so in view of his/her specific situation. After Duo Home Solutions has received the objection from the Data Subject, Duo Home Solutions will stop processing the Personal Data of the Data Subject, unless Duo Home Solutions has legitimate interests in the processing of Personal Data that outweigh the interests of the Data Subject.
Article 16.Right of Limitation
16.1 If a request has been submitted by the Data Subject regarding the adjustment, supplementation or deletion of his/her Personal Data or an objection has been lodged with regard to the processing of his/her Personal Data and the handling, processing and execution of this request or objection time, the Data Subject may request Duo Home Solutions to limit the processing of his/her Personal Data.
Article 17. Questions or Complaints
17.1 For questions about the way in which Duo Home Solutions processes Personal Data or to exercise one of the rights described in Article 13, 14, 15 or 16, the Data Subject can contact Duo Home Solutions via the contact details below.
17.2 If Duo Home Solutions, at the request of the Data Subject, corrects, supplements, or deletes the Personal Data of the Data Subject or terminates or restricts the processing of the Personal Data or has processed a withdrawn consent, Duo Home Solutions will inform the Data Subject thereof.
17.3 To ensure that the request regarding Personal Data has been made by the relevant Data Subject, Duo Home Solutions can ask the Data Subject to send a copy of his/her proof of identity with the request. The Data Subject must black out his/her passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) in the copy. This is to protect the privacy of the Data Subject.
Article 18.Data Leak
18.1 If a security incident has occurred at Duo Home Solutions in which Personal Data of a sensitive nature has been leaked or as a result of which there is a serious adverse effect on the protection of the processed Personal Data for any other reason, Duo Home Solutions will, if possible, report the data breach to the Dutch Data Protection Authority within 72 hours after the data breach has been discovered and act in accordance with the Policy Rules on the obligation to report data breaches to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
18.2 If there is a data breach at Duo Home Solutions that has unfavorable consequences for the privacy of the Data Subject, Duo Home Solutions will inform the Data Subject without delay.
19.1 By using cookies, Duo Home Solutions processes data about the use of the Website, such as IP addresses, browser type, language, referring and leaving pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on certain pages, country location, type of device on which the Website is accessed, performance statistics and comparable data.
19.2 The Website uses functional, analytical, and tracking cookies.
19.3 A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of the Website visitor’s device when you first visit the Website.
19.4 The Website visitor can opt out of cookies by setting his/her internet browser in such a way that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, the Website visitor can also delete all information that has previously been stored via the settings of his/her browser. They can find more information about switching on and off and removing cookies in the instructions and/or using the Help function of his/her browser. If Website visitors remove or disable functional cookies, this may have consequences on the correct functioning of the Website and the services of Duo Home Solutions.
19.5 Duo Home Solutions uses functional cookies to make the Website work optimally and to optimize the functionality of certain pages of the Website. Functional cookies allow the Website to recognize the visitor when they visit the Website again. This is useful so that the visitor does not have to log in to the Website again and again when visiting the Website and so that the Website is displayed in the language chosen by the visitor.
19.6 Using analytical cookies, Duo Home Solutions can collect and analyze information related to the way the Website is used. Analytical cookies do not process the surfing behavior of individuals, but of large numbers of users in anonymised form into graphs and patterns. Analytical cookies are placed by a third party for Duo Home Solutions.
19.7 The purpose of tracking cookies is to carry out marketing analyses and to show a better and more personalized range of advertisements. Tracking cookies are placed on the Website by Duo Home Solutions and third parties. The Website visitor must give his/her permission to place tracking cookies.
Article 20. Changes
Article 22. Disclaimer
- The purpose of the information contained on our website is general information only.
- The information is provided by DUO Home Solutions, and although we strive to keep the information correct and updated, we do not make any warranties, guarantees, or representations of any kind about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or availability of the information, product, or services on the website.
DUO Home Solutions may make available certain business listings and other listing-related content, like links to third-party websites through DUO Home Solutions. Business listings are created and provided by third parties, and by using our Website, you acknowledge we exercise no control over the business listings. DUO Home Solutions has no obligations to include any business listing in its search result and reserves the right to exclude or include any business listing from the website for any reason. DUO Home Solutions assumes no responsibility or liability for the content, completeness, accuracy, availability, reliability, and legality of any business listing.